mlsstl;581692 Wrote:
> You seem awfully anxious to close the door on an issue you brought up.
>
> Science deals far more in probabilities than absolutes. If DBTs were
> worthless, let's just toss all of the medicines we have today and head
> back to the 15th century.
>
> That's the problem with many audiophiles. They hear the tidbit that
> confirms their belief and then immediately discount the greater bulk
> that doesn't.
>
> I've even heard DBTs discounted because they are "stressful" because
> the listener is in the terrible position of making a choice. Meanwhile,
> the far greater and well documented peer pressure of making a choice in
> a sighted listening test is blithely discounted as nothing.
>
> In other words, the one-in-a-million odds are willingly accepted but
> the world is searched high and low for the most obscure of reasons to
> ignore the 99% probability.
>
> If that is "case closed" in your book, you're welcome to it.

Please see my previous post which was being written as you were writing
your post. I really don't think that we are that far apart and once
again, happy listening.

BTW the "case closed" remark was more about having you understand that
even DBT can be twisted around if one chooses one's words carefully. No
harm intended.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch