opaqueice;581653 Wrote:
> Digital transports have a very small effect on sound compared to many
> other changes you could make.  I'd spend the money on an audio pro
> consultant to advise you on room acoustics, and/or on room treatments.
>

> If you don't want to do that and like your speakers, you could try
> using the transporter as a source (i.e. as a DAC).  First, try
> bypassing your DAC and using the duet's DAC.  Can you tell the
> difference?  Are you sure?  Because if the difference is subtle or
> non-existent, it's probably not worth spending much on.

The difference in sound quality between Duet's internal DAC and the
Caiman DAC are staggering. We're talking night and day type of
differences, and there's absolutely nothing subtle there.

Now I'm curious to see if the difference between the Touch digital
transport and the Transporter digital transport are substantial. If
they are, it may be worth the upgrade. I've tried upgrading my power
amp, but couldn't notice much substantial difference on comparative
listening, so decided to attack the problem upstream, at the very
source.

--
magiccarpetride