opaqueice;581882 Wrote:
> In my opinion, if you can tell the difference between it and a decent
> reference DAC (the one in the touch will do as an example), it is
> distorting the sound.  DACs shouldn't color the sound at all, and the
> differences between any two decent reference DACs are small enough to
> be inaudible.

I'm a bit confused here sorry!
could you define "decent reference dac"...?

Also, are you saying all "decent" Dacs should sound the same and if one
sounds different its because its adding unwelcome distortion?

Why does, say, a Weiss Dac sound different from, say, the touch
analogue outs?

thanks. :)

--
Gazjam