magiccarpetride;582342 Wrote:
> In conclusion: if I can't even consistently repeat two consecutive
> moments in a reliable fashion, what gives me the arrogance to
> think/believe that I'll be able to reliably achieve a conclusive test
> when changing some links in my audio chain?
That's one reason why real ABX tests do lots of replications. You
should never trust any test with N=1 or N=2.

Repeat the tests a lot of times, and if that musical nirvana occurs
"predominantly" (for which there are precise statistical definitions)
with one system configuration then you can say that that configuration
is objectively better to your ears (with the 'your ears' part still
containing a lot of subjectivity). If the musical nirvana occurs
randomly with respect to system configuration, then those other factors
such as atmospheric conditions, body chemistry, or whatever have more
influence than the difference in the system configuration.

--
aubuti