magiccarpetride;582333 Wrote:
> It is my strongly biased opinion that scientists and engineers are the
> kind of people who lack certain finesse. Sue me.

Well I obviously don't agree :D.

Anyway they are the ones designing audio gear and developing new
technologies for it, so their collective opinion is pretty important.
If you think there's something missing from the approach, they're the
ones you'll have to convince to change it.  That's why I think it's a
bad idea when audiophiles obsess over what I believe are irrelevant
details, like differences between DACs, when there are huge glaring
problems like room acoustics, speaker distortion, and dynamic
compression of recordings to deal with.  The boy who cried wolf.

magiccarpetride;582367 Wrote:
> If you fall in love, is there anything measurable about it? Of course
> there is (like, your heart rate, the degree of perspiration, etc.) But
> are these measures relevant when trying to understand how much in love
> you are?

That ought to be able to happen regardless of what kind of system
you're listening to.  If you can only enjoy music on some
super-audiophile grade vinyl rig, you've got a big problem.  In the
right moment, an old staticy radio can sound magical...

--
opaqueice