squeezophile;582034 Wrote:
> Would volume leveling settings in the Spotify menu affect the sound
> quality? I mean, I read that reducing the volume on the squeeze box
> results i a lower quality on the digital out because of the reduction
> of resolution when decoding.
> see:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77725&highlight=volume+resolution
>
> After comparing some tracks on Spotify I noticed that some tracks are
> indeed better than others.

I doubt that the volume leveling value for the desktop client is used
by the library, though I can't be sure.  Sometimes you will get a 160k
file rather than 320 - you can often see this if you have logging for
the helper app set to debug.  Other than setting a preference for 320k,
there are no api calls to influence sound quality.

--
Triode