I agree this is getting pointless, as no actual concrete evidence is
forthcoming, but I don't want to make it appear I was intentionally
misrepresenting what opaqueice said:

opaqueice;582251 Wrote:

> > "numerous tests" that "scientifically prove" what you claim.> >
>
> Conventionally, putting " " marks around something indicates you're
> quoting a passage.  Can you please point out precisely where I said
> there had been "numerous tests" that "scientifically prove"
> something?  And if you can't, please don't fabricate quotes that I
> didn't say.  OK?

Sorry, I did not mean those quotes to apply directly to you, and I
should have made it clear that I meant them as generic statements that
I read all the time on this list.  I truly apologize for any confusion.
However, I did think that accurately represented your point of view
given these definite direct quotes from you in this thread:

opaqueice;582211 Wrote:
> Well, to my knowledge no one has ever succeeded in hearing differences
> between cables in a controlled level-matched blind test.

Thus leading me to expect that you actually knew of several such tests
that had been conducted, i.e., "numerous tests".

opaqueice;581949 Wrote:
> ...I'm a professional physicist....I concluded that audibility more or
> less conforms to what common sense and science says it ought to....

Hence the "scientifically prove" statement as I thought you were
claiming scientific validity for your point of view.

BTW, I did not get this:

opaqueice;582251 Wrote:
> Bingo - that's exactly the straw man.  Thanks for a good example.

You sound like you are being sarcastic here.  You did see the smiley,
didn't you?  That means my statement was meant as a joke.  Or is it
that pesky unreliable human perception thing?  Again, a JOKE!

--
ncarver