Robin Bowes;583018 Wrote:
> On 15/10/10 13:41, Robin Bowes wrote:
> > On 15/10/10 13:17, Wombat wrote:
> >
> >> I just wonder why still no one has tried the 24bit version directly
> >> with a 16bit version from these files, not the cd release.
> >>
> >> I Hope Robin Bowes now does :)
> >
> > No time just now - I have asked Phil to try with diffmaker.
>
> The main issue is I'm not confident in my understanding of sox, ie.
> I'd
> want to read up on what it does to make sure I use the right dither
> process.
>
> R.
> --
> "Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
> http://www.theshackshakers.com/

You don´t have to wait for Phil. I already wrote:

sox input24.wav --bits 16 output16.wav dither -a -f low-shibata

works! noise shaped dither with a not to high amplitude. Diffmaker
shows ~ -120dB at ear sensitive frequencies.

And Michael. Sox with some 90% and allow alias should give you a
similar or even better impulse as the Weiss. Weiss allows alias falling
back in. Since that happens above 20kHz Weiss thinks it can´t be heard.

--
Wombat

Transporter -> RG142 -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 ->
self-made speakers