magiccarpetride;583762 Wrote:

> Two things I've noticed that a high quality digital transport brings:
>
> 1. Lowered noise (increases the signal. reduces the noise, and that
> results in a very, very audible overall improvement)

Which is it - increased signal or reduced noise?  They're rather
different.  If the signal level increased when you switched digital
sources, something is wrong.  If the noise changed, perhaps it's being
transmitted by the cable.  If so, switching to Toslink may help.

A better digital transport could in principle improve the sound by
reducing jitter, and therefore jitter induced distortion - if the DAC
it's feeding isn't capable of proper jitter attenuation.  That's about
it.

--
opaqueice