SuperQ;584690 Wrote:

> A lot of the reason ABX testing is brought up on this forum is to point
> out that things that people do are not making any difference to the
> sound of their system.

The flip side of this quote is that "everything makes a difference". As
time marches on, I have become more and more a "believer" in this.

I was once - one of many - a doubter. I believed that "wire" could not
make a difference. It was about conduction of electrons. Copper is
copper. Beyond skin effect, and one or two other "minor concerns" there
was no real point. Move on.

I know better now. I do have an explanation for why some may not notice
a "difference" when changing a component. Their system is so full of
noise, and so lacking in clarity that there is no real "difference" in
swapping out links in the chain.

Interesting enough, my opinion is that, the first place to shed light
on such a malady is in the cables!

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.