magiccarpetride;585012 Wrote:

> (everything became quite two dimensional in the sound stage), as well
> as lack of finer details (I've lost the ability to follow the prolonged
> dying out of the cymbals sounding in the background, something that I
> got quite used to while listening to the DVD-Audio masters).

That is a good description of what my non upsampled 16/44.1 used to
sound like. I would also describe it as more "mid fi" vs. "hi fi". I'm
listening to some old Dead right now. Upsampled. Awesome. Very analog.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.