ralphpnj;587468 Wrote:
> Way off topic: I use an indoor rowing machine in the winter when I can't
> bicycle ride outdoors (I've been averaging about 4000 miles/year for the
> past few years) and I have the good fortune of having the rowing machine
> located in a room with a very nice stereo which I can play very loud
> while exercising. No need for headphones which I find very
> uncomfortable once the sweat starts pouring out.

...continuing off topic.

Interesting to find other cyclists here.  I just got back into it this
past summer.  Wow - 4,000 miles - that's a lot.  In my hayday, I rode
between 1,500 and 2,000 miles.  It felt soooo good to back in the
saddle this past year.  I can't wait to pick it up again next season.

...back on topic...
OK, you're looking for a headphone solution using a squeezebox.  I
would suggest a duet, SB3, or a Touch connected to a headphone amp.  If
you iPod is a iPod Touch, you could download iPeng to use it to control
your squeezebox while you are working out.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server
running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,060 songs, 2,656 albums, 484 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior