ncarver;587826 Wrote:
> I understand that Boom would not be "audiophile" quality sound.  Not
> looking for that while I cycle.  Just looking for something a bit
> better than the iPod.  Also want something fairly portable and compact,
> so do not want to deal with the mess of a Touch plus a headphone amp,
> etc.

As I write this, I'm listening to my Squeezebox Radio through a
Sennheiser HD 600 headset.

To me, this sounds very good. Although I am looking for an audiophile
headphone amp, and have noticed that the Grado RA-1 runs on
batteries... just like my Squeezebox Radio. What a coincidence. ;)

If you're looking for a portable Squeezebox to connect your headphones
to, check out the Radio too, not just the Boom. Yes, the Boom's
speakers sound much better than the Radio, but I believe the Radio's
headphone jack is as good as the Boom's (or maybe even better?)

--
Soulkeeper

-that is not dead which can eternal lie. and with strange aeons even
death may die.-
duet + boom + radio / wrt160n/dd-wrt / sbs 7.5.1 or
higher/win7(32b)/avira free