blu.vulcan;588970 Wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wan to share with with you this idea. I was thinking about an
> essential box to connect to the SBS with the following feature:
>
> 1) low cost (no more than 100€)
> 2) audiophile quality
> 3) Input: Eth, wiFi (optional)
> 4) Output: Spdif coax, optical (optional)
>
> No need for display, no IR remote, no analogue output stage, no
> expensive internal DAC... it is essentially an interface between SBS
> and an external DAC...
>
> Does it exists? I don't think...but I think it would be quite simple to
> do...logitech? some future plan?
Yes, it does exist. It's called a Squeezebox Receiver. £99.95 from
Amazon UK, which is about 110 Euros. So not quite under 100 euros, but
not far off.

You can ignore the fact that it also has a DAC - you don't have to use
it. Internal DACs are far from expensive - the parts cost is probably a
couple of dollars. (It wouldn't suprise me if the cost of the RCA
sockets for the analogue output cost more than the DAC itself).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A