Gazjam;599053 Wrote:
> I did the passive mod on mine (which has a similar effect to the Gator
> board - apart from -3db gain and losing the headphone facility - and
> its a very worthwhile improvement.
>
> More of everything and more "hi end" sounding IMHO.
> No comparisons of Gator board Vs Passive Mod over on AOS yet, but Stan
> B. himself says there is no difference sound quality wise...apart from
> what I mentioned earlier.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gaz.

You were right, Gaz, once I installed the Gator board, everything
blossomed into full life. Stan told me that the board needs to get a
decent burn-in. In your opinion, how long should I wait for it to burn
in properly before I give it my review?

One curious thing: despite the fact that everybody's saying how this
board increases the output gain, I haven't noticed it. If anything, it
fells just a tad bit quieter than the unmoded Caiman.

--
magiccarpetride