Hi-

I've done just that. I didn't have a lot of experience with the Touch
before the mods, but IMO slaving it to the Pace Car definitely improved
the sound. Soundstage is improved, and a generally less harsh, more
musical sound is produced.

I don't know what model Pace Car you have, but you might need mods to
the PaceCar as well as the Touch if it is one of the older models. So
the whole thing can get sort of pricey. You'd have to ask Steve about
that, and it would be smart to decide before he opens it up  it will
save you money over having him make 2 sets of mods.

That said, I think the combo sounds very good. But it's very revealing
- your good recordings will sound great and your not so good ones
annoying. I previously had a Duet slaved to the PaceCar (for sale if
anyone is interested) and this sounds better, especially on hi-res,
which you can now hear in native format up to the limits of the Touch
(24/96).

If I was starting over though, I think I'd buy Steve's  OffRamp4 USB
converter. It gives you more versatility and even Steve now says that
the SQ difference between it and the PaceCar is small.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeServer; SB Touch slaved to
Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF V DAC3, MF X-150 amp, Devore Gibbon Super 8
Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use); sometimes use PC with
M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second room. Arcam CD82 which
I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good player.