Hi everybody! Probably this question will be easy to reply for many of
you... However: I noticed the following.

I play on a "Touch" and the server is on a XP notebook.

Now, it is generally accepted that converting FLAC-Files on the Server
(and not on the touch) delivers better sound quality (like suggested e.
g. on
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Logitech-Squeezebox-Touch-Review
)

When playing 16 bit / 44.1 khz - Files, everything is plausible, when
the server informs me about the bitrate:
Bitrate: 947kb/s VBR (Konvertiert in 1411kb/s PCM)

Now, when I play 24 bit / 96 khz - Files, I get the following
information:
Bitrate: 3160kb/s VBR (Konvertiert in 1411kb/s PCM)

Is that TRUE? Does that mean, the server does DOWN-SAMPLING on those
high resolution files, just down to CD quality (and all that with
probably not so sophisticated a real time algorithm...)????

Now, that is certainly not what I want, when paying for those pretty
expensive high-res files...

Now, what are the best settings then to really take advantage of the
higher resolution? Should the FLAC decoding be made on the server, or
on the Touch itself?

Thanks in advance for any useful advice! Best regards, Diego

--
diego