magiccarpetride;603751 Wrote:
> ...significantly lowered jitter...

@Stop-spinning

Personally I'd take these differences with a pinch of salt.  I replaced
an SB3 with a Touch and whilst I certainly appreciate the features of
the touch (touch screen, colour display etc), I'd be hard pressed to
spot the difference in sound quality between the two when fed through
my DacMagic.  If I'm honest, what I hear with ANY source played through
the DAC is essentially the intrinsic sound of the DAC - driven by the
components it uses to generate the analogue output.

I've got no experience with a Receiver, but I can't believe it would be
worse than the older SB3.  If you've got a good line on a Receiver, the
form factor suits your system, and you're happy with the features, I'd
say go for it and don't let peer pressure force you into a purchase you
don't need.

--
chill