opaqueice;603901 Wrote:
> A $20 DVD player over a $2 cable will give you a digital stream that's
> easily good enough to recover the bits with perfect accuracy.

Wow, looks like I really don't need to worry about the quality of
transport or SPDIF as long as the DAC can recover the clock! Guess I
better find that right DAC but preferrably under £500 (in the UK).

It seems as if now that none of the SB's should be chosen based on
Audiophile performance - because that's the DACs job (along with the
amp and speakers of course)!

There are other contenders out there such as the Sonos, Cambridge
Audio's soon to be released NP30, and a Consonance Chi-Fi alternative,
Linn's Sneaky, or even a laptop PC (but I believe the internals are
noisy). However you SB fans have your reason for choosing this brand of
streamer no doubt - I guess based on price (if you ignore the
Transporter) - and hopefully musicality.

--
stop-spinning