stop-spinning;604860 Wrote:
> OK I have quickly looked at this blog - it seems to be centred around
> the SB Touch - I am experimenting with the Duet which may be a
> different beast - "if" I did download these programs to alter the sound
> would that also work with the Duet? Or does the Duet use a different
> o/s? Also I see no physical changes to the SB on his blog, such as
> changing the power supply - so are all the improvements software based?
> Maybe I need more time to peruse his blog to see what I can uncover.
>
> I also notice that the Lampizator has completely rebuilt the SB - but
> my DIY skills are not at that level. Do I really need to hack it about
> that much???

If you are using an external DAC, you really don't need to make any
hardware modifications to the Touch.

Klaus's mods only apply to the Touch and are software mods.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.