diego;604931 Wrote:
> Couldn't it be, that the volume control algorithm recalculates the
> stream anyway, in every setting, no matter if its on 80%, 90% or 100%?
> I mean, there is a given input, a volume percentage set by the user,
> and that gives as a result a recalculated output. In case of lets say,
> 90%, the output is different from the input (cut dynamics). In case of
> 100%, the output is the same, as you wrote... but it is still
> recalculated by the processor, causing cpu/kernel load. So, if my guess
> is right, 100% is of course 100%, bit by bit. But the processor uses its
> resources anyway, the same as if it would cut it down to 90% volume. And
> these resources could be held ready for more important calculations...

As I read post #114 in 'this thread'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=84742&page=12), it
appears that the same variable calculations are done with or without
the mod. The only difference is that with the mod, after doing the
calculations, whatever is calculated for the variable is replaced by
the constant 2^16. So the load on the CPU is the same.

--
aubuti