On 03/02/11 14:28, ralphpnj wrote:

> JezA;607918 Wrote:
>> Such speakers are a relatively small part of the budget being considered
>> for the conversion, so could easily be changed; soffit mounting offers
>> the opportunity to make a huge improvement in sound quality,  and may
>> mean less expense in other areas. At this stage of the project I think
>> it's worth considering. And, to take up Phils point, although it does
>> indeed give a 6db lift at low frequencies, putting the Dynaudios into
>> the room will most likely give far bigger peaks and troughs all over
>> the place - especially as placement is likely to be constrained by a
>> dining table!
>
> Perhaps the OP would be better qualified to state what is in or is not
> in the budget for the project.

There's nothing wrong with thinking out-of-the-box at the planning stage
of a project. Maybe the OP didn't consider the possibility of
wall-mounting; maybe he did and decided against it.

Either way, I'm sure the OP is big enough and ugly enough to decide what
he wants to do without you policing responses to his original request
for advice.

R.
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/