nwlcox;607193 Wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post but been lurking for a while. I have 2
> Squeezeboxes- a 3 and a duet. For my main system I have the duet
> linked up to an Arcam A65+ and some 10 year+ old Mission 771e's on
> Custom DEsign RS300 stands. My room is approx 12'x13' and I'm
> disappointed with the soundstage, detail and bass I'm currently
> getting. I listen to a wide range of music and find that the "busier"
> noisier stuff often sounds a bit thin and garbled. I'm assuming that my
> first upgrade should be the speakers and would be grateful for any
> advice from people here on what might  suit the system and space. Due
> to the presence of my 2 year old son, I'm keen to put the speakers
> relatively close to the wall (20-25cms) and would like to get some
> speakers that could cope with a future amplifier upgrade so thinking of
> £250-350 budget.. Given the lack of power of the Arcam they'll need to
> be easy to drive. Any suggestions?

I posted a response (or tried to) that seems to have disappeared into
the ether, so forgive me if it shows up and this is redundant.

Check out the reviews at
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0509/aperion_intimus_5b_axiom_m2v2_paradigm_v6.htm.
Any of these would work for you.  I personally own the Paradigm Mini
Monitor and they are truly excellent speakers, great soundstage, lots
of volume capacity, a joy.

Also check out the review at
http://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm-mini-monitor-v5-loudspeaker-reviewed/.

Don't know about the availability or price of any of these in the UK,
but in Canada they would fit your price point quite nicely.

R.

--
RonM