magiccarpetride;609130 Wrote:
> If you couldn't hear differences between Duet and Arcam Alpha 6, wait
> till you compare Arcam to the modded Touch. Touch will blow it out of
> the water!

I understand that all current SB models, including the SB3, produce a
bit perfect signal at 100% volume. Several posters reported that they
could decode multi channel formats, like AC3, forwarded by their SB at
100% volume. That should be enough evidence.

So the only difference between the signal of the SB models is the
jitter of their timing. I understand that all current DACs >= $500 have
an input buffer so that they can re-sync the signal with their own
clock.

If all of the above is true then it is theoretically impossible to hear
any difference between any of the SB models connected to a proper DAC.

Am I missing something?

--
Bas Cancrinus