> Others have pointed out that the improvement may have been the result
> of clean connections from unplugging & replugging cables. But it may
> have also been the culmination of various unconscious influences that
> day. Some you might be able to understand (getting your "good sound"
> back was a great relief) but other things might be more difficult to
> spot and sort.

Very true indeed. Sometimes we need to reboot our audio systems, other
times it is our brain which needs resetting.
In my, over a quarter of the century long history of being audiophool,
I very often found myself improving audio system only to wake up the
next morning and set everything back to the original state. I try to
keep the idea of the music as fresh as possible, regularly visiting
local symphony and concerts. Yet, still it's very hard to obtain the
same, satisfying results in my listening room. It is never ending game
with countless number of changing rules. Making things worse, there is
some irony here,  through all of those years of "ear training", I've
discover that my wive and my cat are much better listener than me in
the sense of being able to formulate better, objective
judgments(reactions) whether my system is capable of reproducing
natural sound or not.

--
gizek

very good music > Transporter > Adcom GFP-750 > Citation II tube
monoblocks > Proac Response D2; Cardas Neutral Reference all over