Phil Leigh;610116 Wrote:
> Conclusions:
>
> 1) Some people may be able to hear some changes via the analogue outs,
> as a result of some of these mods, depending on their ears and
> equipment.
>
> 2) the vol100 mod does precisely nothing (but only IF you already have
> volume set to maximum) - also remember I am testing SBS 7.6 with a fix
> for bug 14807.

With all due respect, I don't understand what's the purpose of these
tests. There are four possible scenarios here:

1. You present me with the results of the test, and the results claim
that there are differences between modded and the unmodded Touch. I,
however, cannot hear any differences. In that case, what's the point in
me knowing that some far fetched measuring methodology produces
different results if I can't hear the differences anyway?

2. You present me with the results of the test, and the results claim
that there are differences between modded and the unmodded Touch. I do
hear the differences. In that case, what's the point in me knowing that
some far fetched measuring methodology produces different results when I
can already hear the differences myself?

3. You present me with the results of the test, and the results claim
there there are no differences between modded and the unmodded Touch.
I, however, hear the differences between the two. In that case, what's
the point in me knowing that some far fetched measuring methodology
does not produce different results when I clearly hear the differences
myself?

4. You present me with the results of the test, and the results claim
there there are no differences between modded and the unmodded Touch. I
also cannot hear the differences between the two. In that case, what's
the point in me knowing that some far fetched measuring methodology
does not produce different results when I also cannot hear differences
myself?

The above charade sounds like a colossal waste of time, no matter how
you put it. Wouldn't your expertise be put to a better use if you would
devote your time to discovering the mods that could improve the sound
quality (sort of like Soundcheck already did)?

--
magiccarpetride