magiccarpetride;611427 Wrote:
> This is a very good reply. Spot on, and I couldn't agree with you more.
>
> I was angling toward the view that people who are into digital
> streaming are way more interested in whether something actually works,
> than HOW does it work. Like, Soundcheck's mods. If they work for me,
> great, I personally would not be interested in spending even a moment
> of my time trying to understand how do these mods work. I'm only too
> happy to consume them.
>
> And if those mods don't work for me, I couldn't care less at to why. To
> me, such information is completely unnecessary. Why? Because I'm not an
> audio engineer.

We need to establish:
1) do the mods work
2) if so, how do they work

Then we can move to step 3, which is: "utilize the knowledge gained
during 1 and 2 above to build better stuff"

It's great that YOU don't care how things work - but others do
need/want to know and you need to respect their motivation just as much
as you'd expect them to respect yours. It's not a questio of right or
wrong, it's simply different strokes...

This has nothing to do with digital per se - it is just as true for
analogue. Mains cables anyone? Burn-in?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.