Actually - another question based on using the USB input on the SB Touch
as designed... usually USB is known to induce jitter when playing real
time music because the data packets get all chopped up (when not
asynchronous of course). However - in the case of the SB Touch one
would assume that the music from the USB stick gets securely 'copied'
from the USB stick to the internal operating system in the SB Touch bit
perfect (much like TCP/IP is bit perfect when sending data)- then after
the copy process (into buffer or wherever) it gets 'played' from there.

In other words - using secure file copy from the USB stick the SB does
not effectively play the music 'from' the USB stick but from (after
copy) the SB Touch o/s. When you use a USB connection that way, clock
information is not present therefore Jitter is not part of that
process.

This also gives us the other advantage of not having to worry about
galvanic isolation of the PC or NAS as your music source which could be
a big advantage. However I might be thinking completely along the wrong
lines if someone would like to correct me....?

--
stop-spinning