Phil Leigh;613078 Wrote:
> Thing is, it doesn't actually cost much to create and publish an
> excellent recording these days...
>
> You have to really TRY to make a bad recording!

You've got a point there, Phil. You're right, rules of the game have
indeed changed, and for the better. Why did I not think of that? Silly
me.

True, when I do my home recording, I have to really go out of my way to
mess it up in Cubase. But, let's not underestimate our own inbred
moronicity -- there are so many knobs and dials on products such as
Logic Pro, Cubase and such, it's hard to resist not to play with them.
In the end, after twiddling with so many knobs, many chefs spoil the
broth, and we end up with crappy sound.

The only thing that still may cost you a lot of money is in figuring
our the most optimal microphone placement. That thing alone can make or
break the recording. However, with products such as Zoom H4N and their
XY condenser mics stereo pattern, even that becomes a moot point.

Power to the people!

--
magiccarpetride