earwaxer9;613612 Wrote:
> I can remember a recording to reel to reel tape sounding very good! Mid
> 70's system. A simple home made LP to tape recording. A friend in
> college had the system. Cant remember the brand of the dec. I was
> skeptical at first to tape transfers. I really didnt want to like it.
> So much for that. I didnt bite though. Dealing with tape seemed like
> WAY too much of a hassle.

Reel to reel is quite a bit better than cassette and all analog masters
are on reel to reel tape. Two track, single direction 1/2" tape at 30
inches per second is not the same as two track, bidirectional (meaning
4 tracks) 1/8" tape at 1-7/8 inches per second. I should note that
consumer reel to reel was/is 1/4" tape running at either 7-1/2 or 3-3/4
inches per second, which is still a world away from the cassette.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch