Mnyb;613889 Wrote:
> Also the brain is very adaptive, you get used to your listening
> environment even the most cross errors.
> I bet that even the most seasoned sound engineer can loose his edge in
> unfamiliar acoustics.

Why is it that you can play a real instrument in your living room or
your kitchen and it still sounds like a real instrument?

By adding acoustic treatment to our listening room are we trying to
recreate the dead sound of the recording studio? In the case of a
symphony orchestra I would rather my system sound like I was sitting in
Symphony Hall. But in the case of a jazz combo I would be perfectly
happy if it sounded as though they were playing in my listening room.
Will a single room treatment be able to accomplish this?

--
duke43j