Robin Bowes;615549 Wrote:
> On 04/03/11 23:17, ralphpnj wrote:
> > I give it about a week or two until copies of the HDTracks Rolling
> > Stones files are available on some of the usual download sites.
>
> My friend says he got them 3 days ago. ;)
>
> R.
> --
> "Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
> http://www.theshackshakers.com/

I'll se what my " friend " can do..

Imho , these old things should be public domain by now. The original
artist has already made all money he will ever get and the record
companies have got what they indended to get in the first place.

If some of you are rigth and you probably are, that the artist gets
nothing in this case,( not that jagger actually needs more money ;) but
anyway ) .

Then it would be more moraly corrupt to pay HD-tracks than get this
elsewhere ?
You can always send money to the artist some other way ,or buy some
merchandaise you now they profit from.

And the remastering people got paid when the SACD was relesead.

HD-tracks Think they have a goldmine here, they can leach of a famous
act like the stones and get almost all the money for it.

Another more humble pricing strategy would be advisable in this kind of
release of classic material.
Then opinoins would be the oposite, that they are doing a great thing
to make this avaible via download.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad