Percival Sweetwater;616116 Wrote:
> Cat 7e at least, with gold plated connectors at each end! Also disable
> the Touch's screen, and analogue output, and hack around with the
> firmware a bit.
>
> Never use the SD card or USB port, or the TOSLINK. Feed into a
> Wolfson DAC with a length of OFC 75 Ohm coax the length of which should
> be a prime number multiple of the half wavelength of the lowest
> frequency, as measured in a vacuum at standard temperature and
> pressure. N.B. replace the nasty phono sockets with 75 Ohm BNC
> connectors, to void the warranty.
>
> The ethernet cable should be coloured silver, as to reflect away any
> stray photons originating from the birth of the universe which would
> otherwise degrade the ambiance of the sound drastically.
>
> Then listen to the lady sing!

Mr. Sweetwater truly amazing! With a mere 13 posts to your name you've
somehow managed to gleam a tremendous amount of knowledge in a very
short period of time. One small correction to your otherwise very
valuable suggestions: one should not be using the half wavelength but
rather the full wavelength of the lowest frequency - using the half
wavelength will result in a slight mid-bass "hump" and somewhat muffled
mid-range. Go ahead, redo your calculations and you'll see, actually
hear, exactly what I mean.

For those of you who have, sadly, not yet revised your Touch set up in
accordance with Sweetwater's guidelines I strongly suggest that you do
so as soon as possible. And please do not be put off by the fact that
Category 7 cable is not recognized in TIA/EIA-568 since these standards
fall well short of addressing the needs of the even the most undemanding
audiophile.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch