Midnight;616278 Wrote:
> Wot more money already ?!!
>
> What would you recommend?

At the  entry level, I'd recommend Gatorized Caiman DAC. It'll set you
back by about $380, but it's going to make your system sound like a
million bucks. I've tried other DACs, some even three times more
expensive, and Caiman gives them good run for their money.

The only downside with Caiman is it takes a small eternity before it
burns in. You can't buy time, so you'll have to suffer through its
growing pains. But once it grows up (needs at a minimum 200 hours under
its belt), it will reward you with a phenomenal soundstage and a warm,
analog-like sound quality. After that, switching back to the internal
Touch DAC will give you very noticeable degradation in warmth, depth,
and presentation.

--
magiccarpetride