MichaelJ;617093 Wrote:
> You had better get your Mac checked out. I'm on a Mac and there is no
> difference between the 2 browsers. If it's doing that to your jpgs,
> what's it doing to your music?

Have you calibrated your Mac screen? I'd be willing to bet large sums
of money that you haven't (you've probably never even heard of such a
thing as 'calibrating one's screen'). Those of us who are into
photography are very careful to calibrate our Mac screens and create
various profiles for various lighting conditions.

There are specialized devices that you plug into your Mac and then hang
over your screen. The device is light-sensitive and will scan and
calibrate your screen to give you the most optimal color rendering
under the given lighting conditions.

If you ever get to the point where you professionally calibrate your
Mac screen, you'll be delighted to see how much better everything looks
on a calibrated screen. The colors are much deeper, the blacks are much
blacker, etc. At that point, flip back to your 'box store' vanilla
screen profile and experience the shock coming from the pale, lifeless
images that a poorly calibrated screen gives you.

Btw, the same thing should be done for your large screen TVs.

--
magiccarpetride