Friend of mine told me quite interesting story. He was born in Austria
in the early 1930's and as a little boy he used to watch his father at
work. Man was manufacturing the violins. For years whole family was in
contact with music and musicians but before war's end, they emigrated
to USA. Here his father continued the work on instruments and my friend
decided to go that way as well. This was rather side job nevertheless he
learnt some "tricks" to make violin, especially the new one to sound
"right". After the violin was made and ready to go, they put it inside
the cardboard or thin walled wooden box by hanging the instrument on
the line or the rope on both ends so it did not touch anything. Next
they placed speaker very close to the instrument and for a long time
played...violin music. That took place when electric equipment for
music reproduction was available, way before they simply played real
violin for hours to freshly made ones.
Of course this smells like audiophool snake oil so intrigued and very
doubtful I did ask about secret? He simply answered that this
techniques helps the new wood to learn how to properly resonate and be
more musical.

Now, in my opinion man deserves huge respect since he played those
instruments since he was 5 and spent countless hours manufacturing
them. Nowadays he's over 80 and still has damn good ear.

Not sure what to think ....

--
gizek

1st  : Transporter > Adcom GFP-750 > Citation tube monoblocks > Proac
Response D2; Cardas Neutral Reference
2nd: SB Touch > TA2020 > Fostex FE207E; Cardas Crosslink
3rd:    Ipod Touch with PlugPLayer > Grado SR225