All,
Just a reminder that room modes lead to overemphasis or underemphasis
of certain frequencies at certain locations in the room. Changing the
position of your loudspeakers can mix up the reinforcement and
cancellation effects from standing waves so that variations throughout
the room are less stark. Once you've done that, experiment with the
position of the general seating area to find a place where the bass
response is most even. You might be surprised about what you can
achieve. Then, once this is done, that's the time to use DSP if you
want more.

With optimal positioning and even with DSP, the room modes will still
have a higher RT60 (longer reverb) than other frequencies. Bass
treatments of some kind are usually a good idea to even out the RT60 in
the bass.

Don't get me wrong, my opinion is that DSP is a valid solution many
times, at least when it comes to bass.
Darren

--
darrenyeats