I was such a skeptic about wire for quite some time.

The cleaner my signal got, the more of a difference I noticed with
various types and configurations of wire. I agree with most rational
audiophiles that the returns diminish greatly as one travels into
farther and farther into esoterica. I have not heard the ultra high end
($thousands to tens of thousands). What I can say is that all 12g copper
is not the same. Stranded sounds different than solid core etc. Silver
is another animal. I have a fair amount of it in internal amp and
speaker wiring and interconnects. If it cost the same as copper I would
certainly have speaker wire made from it.

I have even heard differences with wire on my sub woofer!

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.