magiccarpetride;618517 Wrote:
> There is an exception to what you've enlisted above -- audiophiles are
> not the only ones affected by the burn-in woes. I'm a musician, and I
> know that for guys like myself, guitars are the nasty bitches that need
> plenty of burn-in. A spanking brand new guitar, no matter how
> fabuloutasic is sounds right out of the case, will only improve its
> sound the longer you play it.
>
> Urban myth? I personally don't think so. As one guy said, I'm with
> Monkees on this one -- I'm a believer. I've had many guitars in my
> life, and I can testify that all of those guitars tended to really
> improve and bloom with prolonged playing.
>
> Guitars NEED to be played. That's why I willingly limit myself to
> always have only a few select guitars in my house, so that I can afford
> to give them the much deserved attention. If I find the guitar sitting
> on a stand for months on end, I sell it -- it needs a new home, a pair
> of greedy hands to mess with it each and every day. Each and every
> guitar needs to be caressed daily (can you tell that I'm a guitar
> nutcase?)
>
> I reckon same is with other products built out of wood, such as
> speakers -- they NEED to be played, and the longer you play them, the
> vibrations travelling through the wood encasement tend to make them
> sound sweeter.
>
> That's my bed time story for you, children.

Hang on there Grasshopper...I did specify electro MECHANICAL devices as
an exception.  You'll get no dispute from me there.   As has been more
than adequately illustrated in other posts, it is the mega, craptastic,
monumental "improvements" that occur in purely electronic devices that a
good many of us are taking issue with.

We mostly all agree here.

Let's talk about "Brilliant Pebbles", "Shumann Wave" devices, "Energy
Focusing Rings" for your interconnects, etc...

Ya know....things that make a REAL difference...  ;)

--
Curt962

Transporter...Touch....Boom......