Wombat;619035 Wrote:
> I wonder how many claims about bettering tweaks will vanish under such
> circumstances.

EVERYTHING pretty much vanishes under the double blind ABX test
circumstances. That's the fact that invalidates such a clever test.

You can read up on it all over the web -- people. experienced
audiophiles, have reportedly never been able to pass ANY ABX tests with
better than 51% batting average. Even when comparing shitty, $20 DVD
players against multi thousand dollars players, or bottom line power
amps with ten thousand dollars power amps, under ABX regime all the
differences mysteriously melt away. In many reported cases, the test
subjects would've achieved pretty much the same results had they simply
chosen to toss a coin.

It's a fact, try it for yourself. Take the best component you can find,
pair it up with the shittiest one, and run the two components through
double blind ABX. 7 times out of 15, you'll be wrong. 8 times out of
15, you'll be right. Or vice versa, same difference basically. Same
goes for pretty much anybody else who'd be willing to join you in the
testing exercise.

That, plus, as I've mentioned, there is a huge body of already
published evidence that pretty much exposes the same interesting
phenomenon.

Does this mean that we're just a bunch of jerks who are imagining that,
upon paying lots of money, we get our money's worth? Draw the
conclusions for yourself...

--
magiccarpetride