magiccarpetride;619720 Wrote:
> So what's wrong with that?

I'd only point out that you introduced this particular topic and framed
as if it were a one-sided situation. I simply pointed out that wasn't
the case. The super expensive wire cult believers get just as
ill-tempered and defensive as the ordinary wire folk.

> Same can be said for people who buy $44,000 pair of Nordost Odin speaker
> cables. (context comment: i.e., as displays of wealth & status, not
> performance)

I'd disagree. It's 30 years or more since I've had someone with a fancy
watch tell me about its superior time keeping abilities. However, with
the fancy wire types, it is nowhere near good enough that their wires
just look nice. They'll get their box of insults out very quickly if
you don't agree with them regarding their superior audible performance.

Anyway, it is interesting that you've introduced a good percentage of
the most recent round of topics in this section of the forum, and they
all seemed intentionally designed to stir the pot. Hope you find what
you're looking for.

--
mlsstl