Daverz;620077 Wrote:
> From the description it sounds like the wire is being used as a low-pass
> filter.
>
> Instead of moving to more and more exotic wire, why not move to
> monoblock amps and then shorter and shorter lengths of low AWG standard
> copper wire (8 gauge, say).

Hey, I'll do whatever, if it means that with each upgrade I get to
realize how much I've lost. I love this losing game -- here I am,
basking in the glorious sound of my system, convinced that things
cannot possibly sound any better (I often go to the local high-end hi
fi store and audition various insanely expensive systems with my
specially made CD, only to conclude that there's very little for me to
lust for).

Then, one day, a friend pops over, and brings some component with him.
We plug it in, for shits and giggles, and then I suddenly realize how
much cruft was actually there in my system. I suddenly hear a big loss
-- the glare, the grain, the hiss, the rumble that was there all the
time (only I wasn't able to detect it) is now nowhere to be found. Flip
back to the old configuration, and sure enough -- the noise is back!
(this is how I've switched from Cardas to Nordost). The effect is
similar to switching from watching a movie on DVD to watching the same
movie on blu ray.

Keeps the economy going...

--
magiccarpetride