The s-booster would be potentially piontless .

As measured with ADM by member iPhone the output of the Touch or SB3
does not change with another ps , there is difference. This is because
that the squeezebox itself is filled with other switchmode PS that
turns the raw 5 volts to other voltages that it is goin to use
internally, so the raw supply is not that important .To make an real
impact you have to Diy some more and redo the internal supplies.

However there is the the problem that the not so expensive orignal psu
can affect other equipment in the hifi system via rfi or emi or noise
over the cables etc, this is a secondary effect and might not apply to
everyone, as it is system dependent. That is basically why i run an 3
party psu myself not for the benefit of the Touch but not induce
"stuff" to the rest of my things. (I got this PSU while using the SB3
it had a much worse original psu than Touch .)

S-Booster still leaves you with the original PSU without doing anything
for you ?

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad