I'm loving the SBT and Rega DAC combo.

One tweak I discovered last night is that the DAC seems a little
sensitive to the stock SBT power supply. I had them both on the same
power board filtered from the mains. I then moved the SBT power supply
to a separate filtered power board so the Rega DAC was completely
isolated - lower treble became much less pronounced and natural, and
the midrange seems more relaxed, present and less patchy. I was quite
surprised that the SBT power supply was affecting the DAC so much. I
also assume that switching power supplies like computers etc and any
sort of wall wart need to be isolated from the Rega for best
performance. And that the stock Touch power supply isn't that great for
neighboring equipment.

I am now waiting on a replacement linear supply so I can get the SBT
stock out of the system altogether.

--
HumanMedia