Deaf Cat;621556 Wrote:
> Sorry, just to check what you are talking about, or more like do I
> understand what you are talking about ;-)
>
> Left signal from amp goes to left speaker, passive crossover in speaker
> blocks off low freq's to tweeter with capacitor.. and blocks high freq's
> with a coil thing.. to the woofer.
> Ditto with right side.
>
> Active crossover filters out the unwanted high and low bits before the
> signal gets to the amp(s), so one stereo amp for the tweeters and one
> stereo amp for the woofers, no wasted amp power...
>
> If I understand this crossover thing correctly, I'll reading any
> further comments with interest -  Very Good Thinking, I like the idea.
>
> No passive crossovers and No active crossover, just software....?
>
> Cool!
> :-D

Yes that was the idea. As Phil pointed out elsewhere you can do this
with a tact preamp/dac but that costs thousands whereas this would
hopefully need only  an additional squeezebox and amp. The problem is
that I'm not sure that the 2 player synch would work. I was hoping that
one of the clever developer folks around here could be persuaded to have
a look into it.

--
adamdea