Wow.  That's an interesting discussion.   It would simply be a lot of
hypothesis had they not in the first 5-6 minutes of the video given a
couple of demonstrations on how the ear/brain/eye can be made to "hear"
things that were never there in the first place.

The Led Zeppelin "backwards" jibberish...suddenly all made perfect
sense when they displayed a textual aid to tell you what you were
supposed to be hearing.

And the missing consonant demo.    I heard an "S"....that was clearly
not present at all.    The "error correction" capacity of the brain is
remarkable.

Kinda sad actually, because as a "Musicphile" (one who wants his music
to sound good too)...I want there to be HUGE differences, and this
video shoots LOTS of big holes in things.   An indictment of sorts. The
ear can be mislead into hearing all sorts of things.  Apparently, we can
hear things that weren't there to begin with.   Seems entirely plausible
that a brochure, or a magazine review could easily have the same effect
of "telling us" what we're hearing.

It should give pause to one planning on spending a few thousand dollars
on a set of speaker cables.

The video is definitely worth the time it takes to watch.

--
Curt962

Transporter...Touch....Boom......