tcutting;622392 Wrote:
> I don't think the Xilinx devices used in the Squeezeboxes are FPGAs, but
> rather CPLDs which have "flash" configuration therefore making them
> non-volatile, yet still re-programmable (also much simpler than FPGAs).

You may very well be correct - however I have never known such a device
to require reprogramming as part of a complete firmware reset as I get
the impression is being suggested to resolve the OPs post.

While a relative newcomer to the forum (long time lurker) I see this
"xilinx reset" suggestion made quite often to cure a variety of ills
but there doesn't appear to be any consensus on what the device
actually does and so what a reset would potentially cure. I would be
very interested to know. Perhaps there are different devices doing
different functions in different SqueezeBox products - highly possible
given the flexibility of the devices.

--
snottmonster