Sweeeeeet.  O.K...so I'll just say it and be done.  The sound is truly
lovely, and a definite step up from the DacMagic.  And +1 on what
everybody else has said about it.

I'm going to fiddle with the different filters for a while, but I'm not
terribly optimistic I'll be able to hear much difference between
them...never really could on the DacMagic, either. It's not quite as
pretty as the DacMagic (and the lights are red instead of blue), but it
looks o.k. enough w/the rest of my gear.  WAF is actually pretty high.

Small annoyance:  the bit of digital noise when changing sample rates.

If anybody here in the US is interested in buying a DacMagic in perfect
shape (silver), PM me.

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Touch (wired) via spdif coax > Rega DAC >
Marantz PM8003 > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1.

SBS 7.5.3 r31815 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.7.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.5.3 r9283.  Duet: FW 67.