The biggest factor in how a particular sound is perceived, is governed
by the experience of "irritation" or "annoyance". Less irritation is
why tubes and vinyl are so popular. Our music enjoyment "mood" is
ruined by irritating aspects of the sound. I would be willing to bet
that a "flat" 20hz to 20khz reproduction is more irritating than a non
linear reproduction (all things being equal). Thats why I'm very
hesitant to surrender my frequencies to some sort of equalization, be
it digital or otherwise. I know what sounds good. I will let you know -
not the other way around.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.