I was at a friend's stereo store and he had high resolution 24bit/192khz
audio playing through a Squeezebox into a high end rig and controlled by
an IPAD with a Logitech app.  Blew me away.  Some of the tracks were
vinyl recorded off of a stupid-expensive turntable into an A/D
converter, also amazing.  Audio fidelity and ease of use made the whole
experience unforgettable.  Unfortunately, he has a PC based system and
I'm a MAC guy.  Online research led me to discover that his LaCie 4tb
NAS has compatibility issues with MAC's.  I have Cat6 ethernet cable
throughout my house connected through a 1 Gigabit switch.  I can stick
the NAS in any room away from my listening area.  I would like to be
able to play even higher resolution tracks from HD tracks.com, etc.
but don't know if a Squeezbox will pass that much data.  I have a
highly modified Theta CasaNova featuring 6 digital RCA inputs, 1
AES/EBU input, and the 2 toslink inputs that are limited to 96khz.  I'm
starting from scratch here but would like to use an Ipad to control my
media room.  The only other computer things in the house are a 3yr old
MacBook, Airport express, and D-link router.  Any suggestions?

--
EARBLASTER